The history of Palazzo Rodio begins in 1852 from the physicist and priest Dr. Francesco Greco. Francesco Greco was one of the most brilliant physicists of the time, with the cult of the letters he transmitted on the façade on which they are engraved maxims of Socrates and Plato.
Above the central frame is shown the engraving in Greek “Oiax ton Bios nomos Tau” (Rudder of life is the law of God). The maxim of Socrates “Know thyself” in Greek (To gnoti seauton) and Latin (Nosce te ipsum) is engraved on the stone surmounting the fixtures of the facade.
The entrance to the palace is surmounted by a plaque engraved with the title “Villa haec parva sed apta qualibet a presbytero et phisicae doctore Francisco Greco condita simulaque dedicated fuit SS.Regina Coeli. TO. MDCCCLII “.
The balustrades of the terraces show the coats of arms of important families of Ostuni related to dr. Greek and later owners of the building. “